Advanced Nurse Generalist
The Advanced Nurse Generalist Program is a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) track for nurses who wish to expand their nursing knowledge and skills in a direct care setting. Students will develop and practice leadership skills and choose a specialty clinical area in which they gain additional expertise. The program is planned for the nurse who has completed at least two years of RN clinical practice experience. Graduates will serve in a variety of roles to enhance patient outcomes, improve safety, and provide advanced nursing care.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from a Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited school of nursing.
- BSN degree obtained from a non-US college must be evaluated and be equivalent to a US nursing degree.
- Prior to admission to the graduate program, applicant must be legally licensed to practice nursing in one of the 50 US states.
- Applicants must have completed at least two years full-time work experience as a registered nurse.
- Please note: NRSG 602, a required course, has a graduate statistics course as a pre- or co-requisite. This can be completed separate to the degree program, or may have been completed prior to admission. Please consult this document to learn about graduate statistics courses that can be transferred or used for this requirement.
Full details as to admission requirements according to the UNMC College of Nursing policy can be found at: Graduate Student Admission Policies — MSN Program.
Minimum GPA: MSN: 3.0 cumulative GPA
Graduate Record Examination (GRE): No GRE exam score is required for admissions
English Proficiency: Applicants from countries where English is not the primary language must present official TOEFL or IELTS scores at the time of application.
View the program's plan of study
Contact a student services representative who can provide guidance on MSN specialty track choices, part time and full-time plans of study, as well as walk you through the applications and admissions process.
Read full admission details before applying.
UNMC processes applications to its nursing program through NursingCAS, the centralized application service for nursing. Visit nursingcas.org to start an application and go to the Add Program page to select our program and complete the steps to fill out and submit your application. Full details per admission criteria are provided on the application.