New Nursing Program Offerings
The College of Nursing is committed to continuously evaluating and creating educational programs that serve the interest of our students, communities and healthcare partners by offering a variety of learning opportunities and developing new programs to meet the healthcare needs of the state of Nebraska and beyond.
- Clinical Nurse Leader — The Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) Master’s Degree program, provides a generalist focus for nurses who desire interdisciplinary and lateral care coordination of a distinct group of patients through transitions in care. This clinician puts evidence-based practice into action to improve the quality and safety of patient care outcomes from the latest innovations in care delivery. The College is currently taking applications.
- Nursing in the U.S. Context (Internationally Educated Nurses) — The goal of the Nursing in the U.S. Context certificate program is to prepare internationally educated nurses now residing in the U.S. to be better prepared and eligible for RN licensure in Nebraska. .
- Undergraduate Certificate in Perioperative Nursing (OR) — This program is designed to prepare nurses to work in the perioperative environment and will assist graduates to transition to institutional OR settings with greater ease and efficiency.
- Kearney Accelerated BSN Program —Take control of your future! The Accelerated BSN Program based in Kearney offers students two ways to participate in clinical learning. Students can rotate across several hospitals and experience the diversity of different clinical environments or they can select one of our new Clinical Pathway Partnerships. Students opting for a Clinical Pathway Partnership complete all of their clinical rotations within a single thriving health system with a designated clinical instructor on site. This collaborative experience provides a seamless transition into employment after graduation.
- Twice a Year Admissions In Kearney – New Year, New Opportunities! Now available on the Kearney campus will be both August and January starts for the Traditional BSN program. Apply now to start our 4-semester traditional BSN program in Kearney.
- Dual MSN/MBA degree — The MSN/MBA Dual Degree, in collaboration with the University of Nebraska at Omaha, prepares nurses for health care leadership in increasingly complex clinical and business environments.