Guaranteed admission opportunity
To increase the number of registered nurses in Nebraska with bachelor's degrees, UNMC College of Nursing has teamed with the state’s community colleges to provide early, guaranteed admission to the RN-to-BSN program for qualified students enrolled in associate degree nursing programs. The intent of the Nebraska RN-BSN Collaborative is to encourage seamless transfer opportunities for students. The agreement also is one strategy to aid in Nebraska's goal of attaining 80% of registered nurses with BSN degrees. All Nebraska community colleges are included:
- Central Community College, Kearney/Grand Island
- Metropolitan Community College, Omaha
- Mid-Plains Community College, North Platte
- Northeast Community College, Norfolk
- Southeast Community College, Lincoln
- West Nebraska Community College, Scottsbluff
Students approved for early admission are admitted provisionally to UNMC until
1) completion of their ADN program,
2) all admission criteria are met, and
3) matriculation to the program.
There are limited seats allotted annually to each college with admission to start the program in August.
To apply to the Nebraska RN to BSN Collaborative Early Admission Program you must meet the following criteria at the time you submit the initial Nebraska Collaborative application:
- Be a student currently accepted and enrolled in an ADN nursing program at one of the Nebraska state community colleges.
- Must have completed at least 1 quarter and/or semester of nursing specific courses
- Have a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Have passing grades in any prerequisite course completed at the time of the initial application with no repeated prerequisite courses.
- All science courses must have been taken for a grade that appears on a college transcript.
To be considered for early admissions please complete and submit the Nebraska collaborative RN to BSN early admission application.
Admission decisions will be made by UNMC CON at the beginning of the second quarter and/or semester of the first year of nursing courses in the ADN program. Students accepted to the early admission option will be expected to matriculate to the UNMC RN to BSN Program within one year following graduation from their ADN program.
To remain eligible for a guaranteed seat, students must maintain and meet the following progression criteria:
- Maintain a minimum 3.25 GPA overall.
- Have no repeated nursing courses
- Have no failed nursing courses
- Successfully complete all required prerequisite courses with no repeated courses.
- Must have met with a designated UNMC CON advisor twice a year prior to matriculation.
- Provide proof of an unencumbered registered nurse license.
- Make a final application to the UNMC RN to BSN program through NursingCAS meeting published deadlines and fulfilling all admission criteria.
- Completion of all required UNMC and CON compliances.