Learn more about a career as a primary care nurse
This is an exciting new opportunity for any student interested in learning more about primary care.
The UNMC College of Nursing takes pride in preparing its nursing graduates to work in any health care field
after graduation. By following a specialized primary care track, students have the opportunity to receive
extra training and mentoring in primary care.
Upon graduation, primary care track students are qualified to work and lead in a primary care
setting, commonly referred to as a doctor’s office, clinic or other community setting.
- Open to BSN Students on all five campuses
- Competitive opportunity for up to eight students.
- 150 hours of clinical experiences will be in primary care settings
- Students will be required to complete a one-credit-hour elective each semester (3 total credit hours), which focuses on Primary Care.
If you are interested in being considered for this program, please download this application form. Once complete, submit it to Rachal Brantley at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Dan via e-mail or at 402-559-4117.
- Consideration for this opportunity may consist of an interview.
- Acceptance to this program is contingent upon acceptance to the UNMC College of Nursing BSN program.
- Applications are due Friday, October 23, 2020.