- Preparation for entry into graduate school. Completed assignments include a Curriculum Vitae, National Institutes of Health (NIH) Biosketch, Personal Statement, & Letter of Recommendation.
- Independent Research Project that includes: 1) Research Proposal, Abstract, Conference Poster, and Publication
Credit Load: 4 total
- Part 1 (Summer): 2 credits
- From June through August, students will attend weekly seminar courses focused on various aspects of nursing research and graduate education.
- They will work 20 hours per week as a research assistant with a faculty member.
- In addition, they will participate in a variety of research, networking, and social activities.
- Part 2 (Academic Year): 2 credits
Fall, Semester 3: 1 credit
Spring, Semester 4: 1 credit
- Students will attend 4 classes during the Fall Semester and 4 classes in the Spring Semester. They will finalize their research proposals, posters, and manuscript as well participate in a series of peer review activities.