Learn about the unique health needs of veterans
This is an exciting pilot opportunity for students who are interested in the care of veterans.
The primary purpose is to gain an appreciation for the unique health needs of veterans. Class and clinical opportunities will support an understanding of contributing factors and targeted care.
Additionally, students will gain familiarity with the origins of the Veterans Affairs (VA) system; to understand what makes the VA unique; to become more informed about the VA system and benefits.
- Open to Accelerated BSN Students beginning on the Omaha Campus in January 2018
- Competitive opportunity for up to two students
- All possible clinical experiences will be at the Veteran’s Affairs hospital
- Students will be required to complete a one credit hour elective during spring and fall (2 total credit hours), which focuses on Healthcare for Veterans.
- Previous military experience is NOT required to pursue this opportunity.
If you are interested in being considered for this program, please contact UNMC College of Nursing Student Services at 402-559-4110, or email@example.com.
- Consideration for this opportunity may consist of an interview including a VA representative.
- Acceptance to this program is contingent upon acceptance to the UNMC College of Nursing Accelerated BSN program on the Omaha Campus.
Watch a video about the VA Scholars Program and the mentoring and learning environment offered at the VA.