University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Omaha Division
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330
- 2015, BSN, UNMC
- 2018, DNP, UNMC
Dr. Lier is an assistant professor at the College of Nursing. Dr. Lier received her bachelor’s degree in nursing science from University of Nebraska Medical Center - Omaha. She was awarded the March of Dimes Student of the Year award and served as class president. Dr. Lier obtained her Doctorate of Nursing Practice in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care from UNMC - Omaha as well. She worked as a staff nurse at Nebraska Medicine and as graduate assistant throughout the pursuit of her doctorate education. Clinically, her background is critical care nursing. Alongside the doctorate coursework, Dr. Lier completed minor studies in Nursing Education. For her capstone, she studied the use of prophylactic pressure injury prevention dressings among high-risk patients at Nebraska Medicine. Currently, she works as a Hospitalist nurse practitioner at Methodist Hospital and as an assistant professor for the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care program.
- Preventative dressings in cardiac ablation patients
Methodist Hospital as a Hospitalist.
St. Roberts Young Adult Community.
St. Roberts Parish Council member.
Methodist Emerging Professionals member.
Sigma Theta Tau, Membership Engagement Committee.
Fostering the Future, Co-founder, Executive Board, CON Project Linus Coordinator.
Study Abroad, Masaya, Nicaragua through UNMC.
- Roberta Abruzzesse Award 2018
- Dean’s Research Scholarship 2018
- Nancy Bergstrom Graduate Nursing Fellowship 2017
- Chancellor’s List, Dean’s List 2012 – 2015
- March of Dimes, Student Nurse of the Year 2014
- University of Nebraska Foundation Scholarship 2014
- Sigma Theta Tau International Grant, Funded Grant 2014
- NE STEM 4U Fellowship 2011 – 2014
- University of Nebraska Foundation Scholarship 2013
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society: Student Showcase, 2nd place 2013
- University Committee on Research and Creative Activity, Funded Grant 2013