Assistant Dean, Omaha Division
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Omaha Division
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330
- 1978, BSN, Creighton University
- 1986, MSN, University of Texas
- 1998, PhD, University of Colorado
Dr. LaFramboise is an Associate Professor in the College of Nursing and is also the Director of the Baccalaureate Nursing Program. She received her BSN from Creighton University in Omaha, NE, her MSN from the University of Texas at Arlington, and her PhD from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver, CO. Dr. LaFramboise has over 20 years experience in critical care nursing with a special emphasis in heart failure.
- Heart failure patients and their family caregivers
Grant Support (Previous 5 years)
- Serves as PI for "Outcomes for Spousal Caregivers Receiving a Telehealth Social Support intervention"
- Serves as PI for "Impact of Family Caregiving with Heart Failure"
- Serves as Co-I for "Factors Related to Disability in Activities of Daily Living in Persons with Heart Failure"
LaFramboise, L. M., Todero, C. M., Zimmerman, L. M., & Agrawal, S. (2003). Outcomes of home-based management interventions in a community dwelling heart failure population. Family and Community Health, 26(4), 275-288.
Todero, C. M., LaFramboise, L. M., & Zimmerman, L. M. (2002). Symptom status and quality of life outcomes of a home-based disease management program for heart failure patients. Outcomes Management for Nursing Practice, 6(4), 161-168.
Dr. LaFramboise is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the American Nurses' Association, the American Heart Association, the Midwest Nursing Research Society, and the National League for Nursing.
- Dr. LaFramboise also received the UNMC Outstanding Teaching Award in 2006.