Director, Center for Patient, Family & Community Engagement in Chronic Care Management
Charlotte Peck Lienemann and Alumni Distinguished Chair in Nursing
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
550 N 19th Street
Lincoln, NE 68588-0620
- 1970, BSN, Montana State University
- 1975, MSN, Montana State University
- 1983, PhD, University of Nebraska- Lincoln
Dr. Lani Zimmerman is originally from Montana and moved to Nebraska to take a faculty position at UNMC. She has found UNMC to be a stimulating environment to work. She had the opportunity to serve in a variety of capacities at the University and has watched UNMC grow to a premier institution. Currently Dr. Zimmerman is the Director of the Center for Patient, Family, and Community Engagement in Chronic Care Management (CENTRIC), Director of Mentored Scholars Program at UNMC, and Operational Director of Professional Development Core of the Great Plains Center for Clinical and Translational Research.
- Symptom Management in the post CABG patient
- Symptom Management in women post CABG patient
- Secondary Risk Factor Modification in the CAD population
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska Care Transition Intervention
Kulik, A., Ruel, M., Jneid, H., Ferguson, T. B., Hiratzka, L. F., Ikonomidis, J. S., Zimmerman, L., et al. (2015). Secondary prevention after coronary artery bypass graft surgery: A scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation, 131(10), 927-964.
Wee, A. G., Zimmerman, L. M., Pullen, C. H., Allen, C. M., Lambert, P. M., & Paskett, E. D. (2015). Evaluating a web-based educational module on oral cancer examination based on a behavioral framework. Journal of Cancer Education, Advance online publication. doi: 10.1007/s13187-014-0776-x.
Cohen, M. Z., Thompson, C. B., Yates, B., Zimmerman, L., & Pullen, C. (2015). Implementing Common Data Elements across Studies to Advance Research. Nursing Outlook, 63(2), 181-188.
Kotcherlakota, S., Zimmerman, L., & Berger, A. M. (2013). Developing scholarly thinking using mind maps in graduate nursing education. Nurse Educator, 38(6), 252-255. doi:10.1097/01.NNE.0000435264.15495.51
Carlson, B., Pozehl, B., Hertzog, M., Zimmerman, L., & Riegel, B. (2013). Predictors of overall perceived health in patients with heart failure. The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 28(3), 206-215. doi:10.1097/JCN.0b013e31824987a8
- 2016 UNMC Outstanding Mentor of Junior Faculty
- 2009 Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing
- 2009 Midwest Nursing Research Society Senior Nurse Scientist
- 2008 UNMC Distinguished Scientist Award
- 2007 Fellowship in the American Heart Association (FAHA)
- 2013 - 2020 Niedfelt Professorship
- 2005 MNRS Acute Care Section Distinguished Scientist Award
- 2002 Penny Z. Davis Research Award