Director of Evaluation
University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - Omaha Division
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330
- 1982, BSN, UNMC
- 1996, MSN, UNMC
- 2007, PhD, UNMC
Dr. Hultquist is an Associate Professor in the Omaha Division. She received her associate and bachelor of science in nursing from the University of Nebraska Medical Center – Lincoln Division. Dr. Hultquist received her masters and PhD degrees in Nursing from the University of Nebraska Medical Center – Omaha Division. Dr. Hultquist’s practice background includes over 15 years in maternal-child inpatient, clinic, home health and parent education settings. She also practiced over a decade in home health and public health quality management and evaluation. She has been in various staff development, evaluator, consultant and manager positions throughout her practice career. She began her academic teaching career in public health and maternal child nursing, and currently teaches professional graduate level nursing leadership/administration.
- Women’s health, in particular midlife women who may experience disparities in health or health care (low-income or rural women)
- Health and health behavior change in various populations experiencing chronic conditions
- E-learning and flipped classroom instructional strategies in nursing leadership
Dallaghan, G. L., Hultquist, T. B., Nickol, D., Collier, D., & Geske, J. (2018). Attitudes toward interprofessional education improve over time. Journal of Interprofessional Education & Practice, 13, 24-26. doi:10.1016/j.xjep.2018.08.007
Barry Hultquist, T., Laux Kaiser, K., & Rajaram, S. (2015). Factors related to self-reported health status in low income midlife women. Women & Health, (55)4, 378-399. doi: 10.1080/03630242.2015.1022684
*Kaiser, KL, Barry, TL, Lopez, P, & Raymond, R. (2010). Improving access and managing population health through multidisciplinary partnerships. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 16(6), 544-552. PMID: 20885185.
Hoefek, JF, Kaiser, KL, Visovsky, C., Barry, TL, Nelson, AE, Kaiser, MK, & Miller, C. (2010). Using a writing group to promote faculty scholarship. Nurse Educator, 35(1), 41-45. PMID: 20010271.
Kaiser, MM, Kaiser, KL, Barry, TL. (2009). Health effects of life transitions for women and children: a research model for public and community health nursing. Public Health Nursing, 26(4), 370-379. PMID: 19573216.
*Kaiser, KL, Barry, TL, Mason, A. (2009). Maternal factors and health services use patterns among low income children with asthma. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 18(1), 26-43. PMID: 19208819.
*Barry, TL, Kaiser, KL, Lopez, P, & McNulty, M. (2009). Participant satisfaction methods and outcomes in Medicaid managed care. Journal of Healthcare Quality, 31(1), 21-29. PMID: 19343898.
*Barry, TL, Kaiser, KL, & Atwood, JR. (2007). Reliability, validity, and scoring of the health status questionnaire-12 version 2.0. Journal of Nursing Measurement, 15, 24-35. PMID: 17665818.
*Kaiser, MM, Barry, TL, & Kaiser, KL. (2002). Using focus groups to evaluate and strengthen public health nursing population-focused interventions. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 13, 303-310. PMID: 12325245.
* = Research Based
- Selected to receive the UNMC College of Nursing Virginia Tilden Leadership Development Award, May 2014; in support of attendance at a leadership program; UNMC College of Nursing
- Received the Donna Westmoreland Excellence in Faculty Mentoring Award, May 2012, UNMC College of Nursing
- Received the March of Dimes Nebraska Chapter, Excellence in Nursing, Distinguished Nurse Award (November 2010)
- Manchester Who’s Who Among Executive and Professional Women in Nursing and Healthcare (2006)
- Public Health Association of Nebraska, Public Health Nursing Section Leadership Award presented to UNMC College of Nursing Community/ Public Health Nursing Faculty (2005)
- Currently serves as the Sigma Theta Tau International, Gamma Pi At-Large President (2013-present), served as the President-Elect (2012-2013), and has served as the Chapter Delegate since 2009
- Currently serves as a District One Finance Committee Member (August 2012-Present) for the Nebraska Organization of Nurse Leaders (NONL)
- Has served as Membership Chairperson for the Public Health Association of Nebraska (PHAN), Public Health Nursing Section (PHN) (1999-2013)
- Has served as Chair for Health Systems and Policy Section (March 2010-March 2011) and Chair-Elect for Health Systems and Policy Section (March 2009-Mar 2010) for the Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS)