University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
College of Nursing - West Nebraska Division
1601 East 27th St.
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
- 1978, BSN, Loretto
- 1981, MSN, U of Colorado
- 2001, PhD, U of Wyoming
I am currently teaching in the RN-BSN program. I also help with many simulations in the undergraduate program. My research interests are in screening children for asthma, studying biomarkers and respiratory disorders, particularly asthma, and finally working with families in helping them to manage their asthma. I also serve as a consultant for nursing programs who are interested in moving to or are in the process of moving to a concept-based nursing curriculum.
- Screening for Asthma Among Rural School-aged Children
- Screening for Asthma Among Children in Northern Plains Tribal Communities
- Testing Protocols for Rural Sample Data Collection
- The Relationships of Attitude, Knowledge, Support, and Self-Efficacy on Elementary School Teachers’ Intent to Manage Symptomatic Asthmatic Children In Their Classroom: A Rural Perspective
- Interdisciplinary Education: Perceptions of the Usefulness of a Clinical Simulation to Promote Learning about Asthma in Children
Education, Research and Trust Travel Grant Award, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.