Melissa Baker was an honors student in UNMC College of Nursing’s BSN Program.
- Current credentials and degrees: BSN, RN
- Hometown: Gibbon, NE
- Title and department at UNMC/Nebraska Medicine: N/A
- Twitter handle: N/A
Why I chose nursing: After a multitude of health issues and hospitalizations, I realized just how special nurses were as a patient for both their physical and mental health. From that moment, I was determined to help others in the way I was helped while recovering in the hospital.
What I like about the honors program: I looked forward to this class every week! One thing I really enjoyed during this program was getting the opportunity to present at conferences and learning how important nursing research is for advancing healthcare.
Future career goals: My short term goal is to transition to an oncology clinic after getting experience in the hospital setting. After that, I would love to pursue my PhD and conduct research on palliative care.
Three things people may not know about me:
- I have seven siblings including an identical twin and twin siblings.
- I have watched ‘The Office’ nine times start to finish.
- I love adventures, my favorites are skydiving and riding camels around the pyramids in Egypt.