Can this program guide me through the daily stresses of a new diagnosis?CaringGuidance™ is a program intended to provide tools to guide women through their questions & concerns in the months after a breast cancer diagnosis.
CaringGuidance™ is accessed privately on a home computer or mobile device to allow you to go through at your own pace.
CaringGuidance™ provides psychologist, oncologist and breast cancer survivor supported advice through videos of survivors and families, text and tools for daily issues such as:
- Talking with people about your new diagnosis
- Receiving and accepting support
- Dealing with unsupportive things people say and do
- Body changes and image
- Moving forward
- Advice to help your family
CaringGuidance™ program is part of a research study available to women:
- Who have been diagnosed within the past 3 months
- Have early stage breast cancer (stages 0-IIIA)
- Have access to a computer or mobile device, e-mail and internet access
- Live in a Rural area of the United States
50% of participants will have access to the program for 3 months. All participants complete a monthly survey, log how they feel and get a 10 minute monthly phone call.
Volunteers are compensated
IRB#140-17. CaringGuidance™ was developed through a grant from the American Cancer Society. Copyright 2016 The Research Foundation of The State University of New York. Current research funded by the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center.