Breanna Hetland, PhD, RN, CCRN-K
- Title: Assistant Professor, UNMC College of Nursing
- Hometown: Bartonville, IL
- Interest in Research: As a critical care nurse myself, I have an immense sense of responsibility to improve the ICU experience for both patients and their families. With my research, I am to bring a sense of humanity back to a sometimes inhumane experience. Unfortunately, I have had several deeply personal experiences as a caregiver for my own family members in the ICU, which have further fueled my passion for this work!
- Interesting Fact: I spent a summer as an undergraduate student living and studying integrative medicine in China and Tibet.
Allison Moody, BSN, RN, CCRN
- Title: Surgical ICU Nurse at Nebraska Medicine, UNMC MSN Student
- Hometown: Dallas, TX
- Interest in Research: I’m excited for the opportunity to not only investigate ways in which we can continue to improve nursing practice, but also improve the care we provide for patients, and ultimately patient outcomes. Research is all about problem solving and resilience, two traits close to the heart of any ICU nurse!
- Interesting Fact: I’ve lived in over 5 different states and 17 different cities, all before the age of 18!
Emily Freeman, BSN, RN, CCRN
- Title: Werner ICU Lead Nurse, Werner ICU Nursing Supervisor
- Hometown: Waverly, Kansas
- Interest in Research: Continually improving and advancing the way we care for patients is important.
- Interesting Fact: I still hold the 3-point record in basketball at my high school.
Christina Bach, BSN, RN, CCRN
- Title: Werner ICU Nurse at Nebraska Medicine, UNMC PhD Student
- Hometown: Jacksonville, FL
- Interest in Research: The bridge between research and clinical application really interests me. It's exciting to be able to participate in projects that could improve patient outcomes and lead to evidence-based practice.
- Interesting Fact: I lived in Singapore for 5 years when I was growing up!
Abby Wawers, BSN, RN, CCRN
- Title: Staff Nurse, Werner Intensive Care Unit, UNMC DNP Student
- Hometown: Omaha, NE
- Interest in Research: I think that research is a great way to stay up to date with the best practices and see what really impacts patients. I am excited to experience a different type of nursing and understand what nursing research entails.
- Interesting Fact: I like to sew quilts, especially as a newborn present for my nephews.
Ellie Rubenfeld, BSN, RN, CCRN
- Title: Nursing Professional Development Specialist, Werner Cancer Hospital PCU/ICU, Nebraska Medicine
- Hometown: Lincoln, NE
- Interest in Research: As a critical care nurse and nursing educator, I am always looking for ways to improve the ICU experience for patients and their families. I'm excited to be involved in groundbreaking research that will influence how nurses can better care for their patients!
- Interesting Fact: I spent a month in Shanghai China during my undergraduate at a hospital, observing nurses in the OR and on the units.