22nd annual Omaha Women's Health & Wellness Conference
"Protecting Yourself: The Path to Improved Health"
October 25, 2019
La Vista Conference Center
La Vista, NE
Join us for to learn the top tips for improving your overall health and wellness. This conference will provide a combination of main and breakout sessions on pertinent topics in women's health. Visit our large health fair for the opportunity to attend exhibits from Nebraska Medicine clinics and University of Nebraska Medical Center departments, non-profit organizations within the Omaha area, and our conference financial sponsors.
Sessions will be offered on the topics of:
- Clutter and hoarding
- Internet safety
- Personal safety
- Skin changes during a woman's life
- Sleep disorders
- Social determinants and public health
- Vaccines in adults and children
- Women's body image and mental health
- Work-life balance
We will close the day with a personal story from a Nebraska Medicine patient.
The conference is sponsored by the Olson Center for Women's Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Nebraska Medicine, University of Nebraska at Omaha, and Wellness Council of the Midlands.
$59 for general registration, $89 for nursing registration
Blood work and flu shots are an additional cost. Please see the conference brochure for more details.
Nursing Credit Information
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity is provided for 5.0 contact hours under ANCC criteria. Course ID: 19OL032
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation through the joint providership of the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Education (UNMC CON CNE) (provider) and the Olson Center for Women's Health.
Global Learning Outcomes:
- Describe how social determinants influence public health and how to improve essential environmental and community factors for individuals to live healthier lives.
- Discuss important safety and health-specific concerns related to women’s health and well-being.
- Differentiate the various types of common sleep disorders in women including the individually tailored treatment options in order to maintain overall health and quality of life.
If you have any questions about the conference, please call the Olson Center for Women's Health at (402) 559-6345.
If you are interested in being a financial sponsor of the 2019 conference, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in being a nonprofit sponsor of the 2019 conference, email email@example.com.
Thank you to our 2019 Platinum Sponsors!