The mission of the Office of Community Engagement is to build mutually beneficial relationships and collaborations between UNMC faculty, staff, and students and the communities we serve.
Our vision is to cultivate educated, engaged, healthy communities based on the sharing of knowledge and experience, collaborative education, and generation of scholarship driven by the needs of our partners.
- Bridge the scientific expertise of UNMC with the needs of our community for the benefit of all
- Connect UNMC students with community engagement opportunities both on and off campus
- Assist faculty with the development of co-curriculum community engagement opportunities
- Enrich faculty scholarship and research, and enhance student learning
- Prepare educated citizens with an increased civic responsibility
- Increase UNMC's and the public's awareness of social issues and the impact of community engagement programs
- Manage on-going community engagement statistical data and partnership opportunities