What is service learning?
Service learning is teaching and learning strategies that includes community service with reflection to enrich the learning experience.
What is community engagement?
Community engagement is working collaboratively with community groups to address issues that impact the well-being of those groups. This engagement can include:
- Networking and connecting people with others
- Communicating and consulting
- Sharing knowledge
- Collaboration on group decisions
- Empowering and supporting community groups to attain their goals
- Benefits of Service-Learning
- Tips for Getting Started
- Current Engagement Programs
- Requirements for Each UNMC College
- Additional Resources
If you have any questions about community engagement or want to learn how you can get involved, please email us or call 402-559-1772.