The UNMC residency program utilizes the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from the Association of American Medical Colleges. All applicants will need to contact their Dean's office and apply through the ERAS. Foreign medical students will need to contact the ECFMG. ERAS applications are reviewed by a committee composed of faculty and resident staff before an invitation to interview is offered. The Department accepts five residents each year, and all five positions are filled through the ERAS matching system.
In order for a residency application to be considered complete, the following items must be received by the UNMC Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation:
- An application form filed electronically through ERAS.
- Three letters of recommendation required (ERAS). Up to four letters of recommendation accepted. The AOA/CORD Standardized Letter of Recommendation is also accepted.
- Your Dean’s Letter from your Medical School.
- Board Scores (USMLE) and transcripts (ERAS).
- Curriculum Vitae (ERAS).
- ERAS application deadline is October 15, 2017.
All applicants must follow the ERAS application process. There are no additional requirements.