International Students

How are the special needs of international students taken care of? 
While students are responsible for arranging their own housing and travel, there are many resources available for international students. If you intend to live on UNMC campus, you should contact the housing office as early as possible, as those apartments are in high demand. Many students prefer to share accommodations with another student and those opportunities are oftentimes announced in UNMC Graduate Student Association’s social media. Graduate Student Association's survival guide lists other helpful links for finding an accommodation and settling down in Omaha.

Ms. Cechin coordinates the activities of newly arrived international students in IPID program. She can assist in providing transport from the airport depending on your arrival time. She will also assist those who need transport to the Social Security Administration to apply for the Social Security number within the first few days of their arrival.

The International Health and Medical Education office (IHME) organizes orientation events and offers various resources for International students. We strongly recommend you visit the International Students page available on IHME web site. You may want to consider registering for the UNMC Global Ambassador program to help with your assimilation into life at UNMC and Omaha via the same web page. All questions pertaining to visa status or INS paperwork should be addressed to Dan Teet, International Advisor of the UNMC Office of International Health & Medical Education.

International Health and Medical Education
985700 Nebraska Medical Center
Business Services Center, 4230 Building, 3rd Floor
Omaha, NE 68198-5700
Phone: 402-559-8326
Fax: 402-559-2923