The Department of Pediatrics is proud to participate in the UNMC Summer Undergraduate Research Program. The Department offers various types of research opportunities for participants including bench research, clinical research, and applied research. The opportunities available to students of the Summer Undergraduate Research Program vary each year depending on the faculty who are sponsoring a student and their current research projects.
Previous projects have involved some of the following:
- Effects of Sex Steroids on Renal Tissue
- Comparison of Liver and Brain Proteins for Normal and FALDH Knockout Mice
- Farnesol and Sjogren-Larsson Syndrome
- Prevalence of Higher Levels of Low Birth Weights and Infant Mortality in Northeast Omaha
- Physician Practice Patterns in Cystic Fibrosis Care: Should the guidelines be followed?
Stipend is in the amount of $3,000
Start Date: Approximately June 1
End Date: Approximately August 31
To be eligible for a Pediatric Department Summer Undergraduate Research Program experience, the following items must be received by February 1:
- On-line application
- Transcripts – unofficial copy accepted
- Personal Statement to include past experience and goals
- Two letters of reference from current institution
The on-line application and additional program information is available on the UNMC Summer Undergraduate Research Program website.
For more information on Pediatric faculty and their research interests, please visit the Research Interests page.