Durham Research Center 3052
985800 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5800
E-mail: Daniel Monaghan
In his own words - Dr. Monaghan talks about his research and training our next generation of scientists.
In the news: Students honored at biomedical research forum. Kiran Sapkota, graduate student in Dr. Monaghan's lab, wins first place poster presentation.
- Development of subtype-selective glutamate receptor antagonists to determine the roles of individual receptors in brain function and brain disorders
- Determine the intracellular signaling pathways by which NMDA receptors regulate neuronal cell function
- Costa BM, Irvine MW, Feng G, Eaves RJ, Mayo-Martin MB, Skifter DA, Jane DE, Monaghan DT. A novel family of negative and positive allosteric modulators of NMDA receptors. J. Pharmacol Exp Ther 2010. PMID 20858708
- Talbot JN, Skifter DA, Bianchi E, Monaghan DT, Toews ML, Murrin LC. Regulation of mu opioid receptor internalization by the scaffold protein RanBPM Neurosci Letter 2009 466F(3):154-8. PMID 19788913
- Costa BM, Feng B, Tsintsadze TS, Morley RM, Irvine MW, Tsintsadze V, Lozovaya NA, Jane DE, Monaghan DT. N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor NR2 subunit selectivity of a series of novel piperazine-2,3-dicarboxylate derivatives: preferential blockade of extrasynaptic NMDA receptors in the rat hippocampal CA3-CA1 synapse. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009, 331(2):618-26. PMID 19684242
- Whitney NP, Peng H, Erdmann NB, Tian C, Monaghan DT, Zheng JC. Calcium-permeable AMPA receptors containing Q/R-unedited GluR2 direct human neural progenitor cell differentiation to neurons. FASEB J. 2008 Aug;22(8):2888-900. PMID 18403631
- Brothwell SL, Barber JL, Monaghan, DT, Jane DE, Gibb AJ, and Jones S. NR2B- and NR2D-containing synaptic NMDA receptors in developing rat substantia nigra pars compacta dopaminergic neurons. J. Physiology (2008) 586 739-750. PMID 18033813
- Whitney NP, Peng H, Erdmann NB, Monaghan DT, and Zheng JC. Activation of AMPA receptors with Q/R-unedited GluR2 induces the differentiation of human neural progenitor cells to neurons. FASEB (2008).22: 2888-2900. PMID 18403631
- Maurice T, Meunier J, Feng B, Ieni J, Monaghan DT. Interaction with s1 Protein, but not NMDA Receptor, is Involved in the Pharmacological Activity of Donepezil J. Pharmacol. Experimental Therapeutics (2006) 317 606-614. PMID 16397090
- Bean L, Zheng H, Patel KP, and Monaghan DT. Regional variations in NMDA receptor downregulation in streptozotocin-diabetic rat brain. Brain Research (2006) 1115 217-222. PMID 16938282
- Lozovaya NA, Grebenyuk SE, Tsintsadze TS, Feng B, Monaghan DT, and Krishtal OA. Extrasynaptic NR2B and NR2D subunits of NMDA receptors shape ‘superslow’ afterburst EPSC in rat hippocampus. J. Physiology (2004) 558 (2) 451-463. PMID 15146049
- Feng B, Tse HW, Skifter DA, Morley R, Jane DE, and Monaghan DT. Structure-activity analysis of a novel NR2C/NR2D-preferring NMDA receptor antagonist: 1-(phenanthrene-2-carbonyl)piperazine-2,3-dicarboxylic acid. British Journal of Pharmacology (2004) 141:508-516. PMID 14718249
Additional Publications on PubMed.