Xuzhou Medical College, China
E-mail: Jialin Zheng
Positions and Employment
Books and book chapters
7/2008 - Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, UNMC, Omaha, NE
2005 - Director, Asia Pacific Rim Development Program (APRDP), Vice Chancellor for Research Office, UNMC, Omaha, NE
9/2004 - 6/2008 Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, UNMC, Omaha, NE
9/2004 - 2007 Vice Chair for graduate education and Chair for graduate committee, Department of Pharmacology, UNMC, Omaha, NE
2004-present Member, Study section ZRG1 NDBG, NIH
2002-present Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) council member
2001-2004 Consultant, Genetastix Corporation, San Jose, CA
1999-present American Society for Microbiology
1992-present American Society for Neuroscience
2000-present International Society for NeuroVirology
2000-present The American Association of Immunologists
2000-present Neurotoxicity Society
2002 Contributing Editor, Neural Immunity, a special issue for the Journal of Neurovirology
2003-present Society on NeuroImmune Pharmacology
2004-present American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
Honors and Awards
03/09 Recipient, 2008 UNMC Outstanding Scientist Award, UNMC
03/05 Recipient, 2005 Joseph P. Gilmore Outstanding Investigator Award, UNMC
6/2004: Nebraska Governor Mike Johanns trade mission to China (interpreter and contact person)
2000-2001: President, Chinese student and scholar association, UNMC
1999-present: Vice-principal, Chinese School at Omaha
1999-present: Faculty advisor, Chinese student and scholar association, UNMC
Books and book chapters
- Erdmann, N., Huang, Y. and Zheng, J. (2008). The relevance of Chemokines and Cytokines to the pathogenesis of HIV-1 Associated Dementia. In: The NEURO-AIDS, eds by Paul Shapshak and Alireza Minagar, Nova Science Publisher, Inc., Hauppauge, NY.
- Eggert, D., Anderson, E., Zheng, J. and Gendelman, H. (2008). Chemokines and the Neuropathogenesis of HIV-1 infection. In: The Spectrum of Neuro-AIDS Disorders: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Treatment, Eds by Karl Goodkin, Paul Shapshak and Ashok Verma, ASM Press.
- Peng, H., Whitney, N.P., Tang, K., Toews, M. and Zheng, J. (2008) Stem cells and neurogenesis and its links to brain development and pathogenesis of neurodegenerative disorders. In: Neuroimmune Pharmacology. Page 151-170; Eds by Tsuneya Ikezu and Howard E. Gendelman, Springer Publisher, Inc, NY.
- Huang, Y., Erdmann, N., Hexum, T. and Zheng, J. (2008). The relevance of Chemokines, Cytokines and Growth factors to the pathogenesis of Neurodegenerative Disorders. In: Neuroimmune Pharmacology. Page 183-205; Eds by Tsuneya Ikezu and Howard E. Gendelman, Springer Publisher, Inc, NY.
- Zheng, J., Peng, H., Rose, J. and Herek, S. (2005) Neurogenesis and its links to brain development, developmental therapeutics and the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative disorders including HIV-1 associated dementia. In: The Neurology of AIDS, second edition, eds by Gendelman, H.E., Grant, I., Lipton, S.A., Everall, I., and Swindells, S. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Anderson, E., Ryan, L., Xiong, H., Swindells, S., Zheng, J., and Gendelman, H.E. (2004). Neural Immunity and human immunodeficiency virus-1-associated dementia. Page 547-559. In Blood-Spinal Cord and Brain Barriers in Health and Disease, eds by H. S. Sharma and J. Westman, Elsevier Science, USA.
- Gendelman, H.E., Anderson, E., Melendez, L., and Zheng, J. (2004) Chemokines and their receptors in the neuropathogenesis of HIV-1 infection. In HIV and the Nervous System. Eds. K. Goodkin, P. Shapshak and W. Bradley, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Carlson, K. A., Cotter, R.L., Williams, C.E., Branecki, C.E., Zheng, J., Gendelman, H.E. (2002). The Role of Mononuclear Phagocytes in the Pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s Disease. In: The Macrophage 2nd Ed., edited by B Burke and C Lewis, Oxford Medical Publications, Oxford.
- Cotter, R., Zheng, J., Gendelman, H.E. (1998). The role of mononuclear phagocytes in neurodegenerative disorders: Lessons from Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease and HIV-1 associated dementia. In: Advances in Neurodegenerative Disorders Vol.2, Alzheimer’s and Aging, edited by J Marwah and H Teitelbaum, Prominent Press Scottsdale, AZ. 203-241.
- Gendelman, H.E., Anderson, E., Melendez, L., and Zheng, J. (2006) Chemokines and their receptors and the neuropathogenesis of HIV-1 infection. In In vivo models of HIV disease and control. Eds. H. Friedman, S. Specter and M. Bendinelli, Springer, New York.
Additional publications in PubMed.
Return to Dr. Zheng's home page
Visit Dr. Zheng's laboratory
Top of page