The complex biological phenomena we study require a multidisciplinary approach. Melding the talents of individual labs results in a synergy that enables us to move forward more quickly and effectively than working alone. It is a testament to both our leadership and collaborative nature that we lead the campus in the number of NIH Centers and program projects.
- CHAIN (Chronic HIV infection and Aging in NeuroAIDS)
- Center for Integrative and Translational Neuroscience
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disorders
- NNTC Data Coordinating Center
- Translational Mouse Model Core Facility
Besides the above centers and program project in the department, collaboration among other departments and universities provides additional opportunities to move research forward.