Professor and Center for Drug Delivery and Nanomedicine,
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Durham Research Center I
First Floor, Room 1036
985830 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5830
In the professional program, Dr. Bronich lectures in the Pharmaceutical Biotechnology course where she utilizes her expertise in the area of gene therapy. At the graduate level, Dr. Bronich is a co-coordinator and lecturer for the Polymer Therapeutics course, and also teaches in the Quantitative Pharmaceutical Analysis course.
Dr. Bronich's research interests are in the area of self-assembling polymer materials and applications of these materials in medicine. Of special interest is the design and study of novel types of functional materials based on complexes formed between block ionomers and oppositely charged polymers and low molecular weight amphiphilic molecules. These systems are of great fundamental importance as models of biological systems formed as a result of self-assembly processes. In addition, her recent work has expanded to include the application of these amphiphilic block copolymers and block ionomer complexes in drug delivery to treat cancer and the development of the polycation-DNA complexes for gene delivery.
Please visit the Nanomedicine Group Website for further information.
- Oh, K.T.; Bronich, T.K.; Bromberg, L.; Hatton, T.A.; Kabanov, A.V.; Block Ionomer Complexes as Prospective Nanocontainers for Drug Delivery. J Control Release. 114: pp. 9-17. 2006
- Bronich, T.K.; Bontha, S.; Shlyakhtenko, L.S.; Bromberg, L.; Hatton, T.A.; Kabanov, A.V.; Template-Assisted Synthesis of Nanogels from Pluronic-Modified Poly (acrylic acid). J Drug Targeting. 14: pp. 357-366. 2006
- Wang, F.; Bronich, T.K.; Kabanov, A.V.; Rauh, R.D.; Roovers, J.; Synthesis and Characterization of Star Poly (epsilon-caprolactone)-b-poly(ethylene glycol) and poly(L-lactide) b-poly(ethylene glycol) Copolymers: Evaluation as Drug Delivery Carriers. Bioconjuate Chem. 19 (7): pp. 1423-1429. 2008
- Kim, J.O.; Kabanov, A.V.; Bronich, T.K.; Polymer Micelles with Cross-Linked Polyantion Core for Delivery of a Cationic Drug Doxorubicin. J Control Release. 138 (3): pp. 197-204. 2009
- Sahay, G.; Kim, J.O.; Kabanov, A.V.; Bronich, T.K.; The exploitation of Differential Endocytic Pathway in Normal and Tumor Cells in the Selective Targeting of Nanoparticulate Chemotherapeutic Agents. Biomaterials. 31: pp. 923-933. 2010
- Gaydess, A.; Duysen, E.; Li, Y.; Gilman, V.; Kabanov, A.V.; Lockridge, O.; Bronich, T.K.; Visualization of Exogenous Delivery of Nanoformulated Butyrylcholinesterase to the Central Nervous System. Chem Biol Interact. 187: pp. 295-298. 2010
- Kim, J.O.; Sahay, G.; Kabanov, A.V.; Bronich, T.K.; Polymeric Micelles with Biodegradable Ionic Cores for Delivery of Chemotherapeutic Agents. Biomacromolecules. 11: pp. 919-926. 2010
- Nukolova, N.V.; Yang, Z.; Kim, J.O.; Kabanov, A.V.; Bronich, T.K.; Polyelectrolyte Nanogels Decorated with Monoclonal Antibody for Targeted Drug Delivery. Reactive and Functional Polymers, 71: pp. 315-323. 2011
- Oberoi, H.S.; Laquer, F.C.; Marky, L.A.; Kabanov, A.V.; Bronich, T.K.; Core Cross-Linked Block Ionomer Micelles as pH-responsive Carriers for Cis-diamminedichloraplatinum (II). J Control Release. 153 (1): pp. 64-72. 2011
- Nukolova, N.V.; Oberoi, H.S.; Kabanov, A.V.; Bronich, T.K.; Folate-Decorated Nanogels for Targeted Therapy of Ovarian Cancer. Biomaterials. 32 (23): pp. 5417-5426. 2011