Research Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
986025 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6025
Dr. Chhonker's research focuses on the preclinical pharmacokinetics of novel small molecules (bio-availability, dose-proportionality, gender variation, inter-species scaling). His research helps identify small molecules to move forward in drug development based on metabolic stability, metabolite identification, formation of reactive metabolites and drug transport and permeability across biological barriers. Dr. Chhonker evaluates metabolic pathways utilizing metabolomics to help guide drug sequencing in a variety of disease states. In addition, he applies mathematical modelling of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data to evaluate drug concentration and response. These mathematical models are used for simulation of drug dosing to optimize dose and dosage regimens.
- Qingfeng He, Yashpal S. Chhonker, Matthew J. McLaughlin, Daryl J. Murry, Simultaneous quantitation of S(+)- and R(−)-baclofen and its metabolite in human plasma and cerebrospinal fluid using LC–APCI–MS/MS: An application for clinical studies. Molecules-2020, 432 (1-2), 105-112.
- Bala, V.; Chhonker, Y. S*.; Sleightholm, R. L.; Crawford, A. J.; Hollingsworth, M. A.; Murry, D. J., A rapid and sensitive bioanalytical LC–MS/MS method for the quantitation of a novel CDK5 inhibitor 20–223 (CP668863) in plasma: Application to in vitro metabolism and plasma protein-binding studies. Biomedical Chromatography -2020 (Accepted).
- Edi C., Bjerum C.M. ; Ouattara A.F. ; Chhonker Y.S. et al. Pharmacokinetics, safety, and efficacy of a single co-administered dose of diethylcarbamazine, albendazole and ivermectin in adults with and without Wuchereria bancrofti infection in Côte d’Ivoire. PLoS neglected tropical diseases 2019, 13(5), e0007325
- Haney, S. L.; Chhonker, Y. S.; Varney, M. L.; Talmon, G.; Murry, D. J.; Holstein, S. A., Preclinical investigation of a potent geranylgeranyl diphosphate synthase inhibitor. Investigational New Drugs 2018, 36 (5), 810-818.
- Chhonker, Y. S.; Chandasana, H.; Bala, V.; Mukkavilli, R.; Kumar, D.; Vangala, S.; Bhatta, R. S., In-vitro metabolism, CYP profiling and metabolite identification of E- and Z- guggulsterone, a potent hypolipidmic agent. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 2018, 160, 202-211.
- Chhonker, Y. S.; Ma, L.; Edi, C.; Murry, D. J., A sensitive and selective LC–MS/MS method for quantitation of ivermectin in human, mouse and monkey plasma: clinical validation. Bioanalysis 2018, 10 (22), 1841-1852
- Chhonker, Y. S.; Haney, S.; Bala, V.; Holstein, S.; Murry, D., Simultaneous Quantitation of Isoprenoid Pyrophosphates in Plasma and Cancer Cells Using LC-MS/MS. Molecules 2018, 23 (12), 3275.
- Chhonker, Y. S.; Sleightholm, R. L.; Li, J.; Oupický, D.; Murry, D. J., Simultaneous quantitation of hydroxychloroquine and its metabolites in mouse blood and tissues using LC–ESI–MS/MS: An application for pharmacokinetic studies. Journal of Chromatography B 2018, 1072, 320-327.
- Chhonker, Y. S.; Edi, C.; Murry, D. J., LC–MS/MS method for simultaneous determination of diethylcarbamazine, albendazole and albendazole metabolites in human plasma: Application to a clinical pharmacokinetic study. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 2018, 151, 84-90.