Antimicrobial Stewardship Coordinator
Department of Pharmaceutical and Nutrition Care
Clinical Associate Professor - Pharmacy Practice
University of Nebraska Medical Center - College of Pharmacy
981090 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-1090
Teaching activities: Dr. Bergman lectures in the Pharmacotherapy course and is a preceptor for the infectious diseases rotation.
Research activities/interests: Dr. Bergman's passion is in promoting and studying the appropriate use of antimicrobials.
- Dietrich T, Aker K, Pfiefer C, Bergman SJ. Antifungal dosing strategies for critically ill patients. Current Fungal Infection Reports. 2017
- Bergman SJ, Schwarber NR. Dermatophytosis: Toeing the Line. In: Schwinghammer TL, Koehler JM, Borchert JS, Slain D, Park SK, eds. Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach. 10th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2017. P.358-9
- Sheley J, Willman D, Downen J, Bergman SJ. Investigation of outcomes with the selection and timing of pharmacologic therapy in community-acquired bacterial meningitis. Pharmacy & Therapeutics. 2016; 41(7):437-441
- Shah PJ, Sundareshan V, Miller B, Bergman SJ. Micafungin and a case of polymorphic ventricular tachycardia. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics. 2016 41(3); 362-4
- McLaughlin MM, Skoglund E, Bergman S, Scheetz MH. Development of a research training program for students at a large academic medical center. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy 2015; 72: 1885-89
- Percival KM, Schmittling SE, Valenti KM, Strader BD, Lopez RR, Bergman SJ. An antimicrobial stewardship intervention for treatment of urinary tract infections in the emergency department. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2015; 33: 1129-33
- Shah PJ, Bergman SJ, Graham D, Glenn S. Monitoring of outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT) and implementation of clinical pharmacy services at a community hospital infusion unit. Journal of Pharmacy Practice. 2015; 28(5):462-8.
- Huang V. Klepser ME. Gubbins PO. Bergman SJ, Chahine EB, Halilovic J, Hidayat L, Matthias DR, Tesh LD. Quantification of curricular content devoted to point-of-care testing for infectious diseases in schools and colleges of pharmacy in the United States. Pharmacy Education. 2015; 15(1): 1-6
- Shah PJ. Bergman S, Vegi S, Sundareshan V. Fusarium peritonitis successfully managed with posaconazole and catheter removal. Peritoneal Dialysis International. 2014; 34:566-568
- Klepser ME, Hagerman JK, Klepser SA, Bergman SJ, Klepser DG. A community pharmacy-based influenza screening and management program shortens time to treatment versus pharmacy screening with referral to standard of care. Illinois Pharmacist. 2014; 76 (2): 12-18.