Department of Pharmacy Practice
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
986145 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6145
(402) 559-4329 (Office)
(402) 559-5673 (Fax)
Dr. Cochran is the course coordinator for Pharmacy and Health Care (PHPR 560) and Pharmacotherapy I (PHPR 672). Dr. Cochran primarily lectures in the Drug Literature Evaluation and Research Methods course (PHPR 622) required during the second semester of the third professional year. He also provides several lectures in Pharmacy Practice Management (PHPR 662) and Pharmacy and Healthcare (PHPR 560).
Dr. Cochran’s research objective is to improve the safety and quality of rural healthcare through the advancement and dissemination of knowledge that will impact both clinical care and health policy. His current research evaluates the effectiveness of medication use systems and health information technologies to improve healthcare safety and quality.
- Bravo K, Cochran GL, Barrett RS. Nursing Strategies to Increase Medication Safety in Inpatient Settings. Journal of Nursing Care Quality. 2016 Oct-Dec; 31(4):335-41.
- Cochran GL, Barrett RS, Horn SD. Comparison of Medication Safety Systems in Critical Access Hospitals: Combined Analysis of Two Studies. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2016;73:1167-1173.
- Lanham A, Cochran GL, Klepser DG. Electronic Prescriptions: Opportunities and Challenges for the Patient and Pharmacist. Advanced Health Care Technologies. 2016;2:1-11.
- Cochran GL, Horn SD. Potential Impact of Coding Differences on Comparisons of Rural and Urban Outcomes. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2015;63(10):2210-2212.
- Cochran GL, Lander L, Morien M, Lomelin DE, Sayles H, Klepser DG. Health Care Provider Perceptions of a Query-Based Health Information Exchange: Barriers and Benefits. J Innov Health Inform. 2015;22(2):302-308.
- Cochran GL, Klepser DG, Morien M, Lander L. Health Information Exchange to Support a Prescription Drug Monitoring Program. INNOVATIONS in pharmacy. 2015;6(1):1-5.
- Cochran GL, Klepser DG, Morien M, Lomelin D, Schainost R, Lander L. From Physician Intent to the Pharmacy Label: Prevalence and Description of Discrepancies from a Cross-Sectional Evaluation of Electronic Prescriptions. BMJ Qual Saf 2014;23:223-30.
- Cochran GL, Haynatzki G. Comparison of medication safety effectiveness among nine critical access hospitals. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2013;70:2218-24.
- Klepser DG, Collier DS, Cochran GL. Proton pump inhibitors and acute kidney injury: a nested case-control study. BMC Nephrology 2013;14:150. At http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2369/14/150.
- Lander L, Klepser DG, Cochran GL, Lomelin DE, Morien M. Barriers to Electronic Prescribing: Nebraska Pharmacists’ Perspective. The Journal of Rural Health 2013;29(1):119-24.