Clinical Associate Professor
College of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacy Practice
986145 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6145
Dr. Dering-Anderson is the community pharmacist in the Department of Pharmacy Practice. She is the cordinator of the Over-the-Counter Products & Self Care elective. She is also the primary preceptor for a 4th year elective in health policy. She coordinates each of the national certificate programs for pharmacy students, the NACDS Point of Care Testing Certificate Course and the APhA Immunization Certificate Course. Dr. Ally lectures in Pharmacy Law and Ethics, Pharmacotherapy, Pharmacy and Health Care, and Pharmaceutical Care II, all with a focus on community pharmacy.
Research Activities and Interests:
Dr. Ally is the community pharmacy specialist on faculty and her research focuses on pharmacist services provided in community pharmacy. She is one of the developers of a Point of Care Testing Certificate program, training pharmacists to conduct point of care testing and provide follow-up care. Research into public policy and health laws allowing for pharmacist services in community pharmacies is on going. Dr. Ally is the college’s presenter on the policy issues surrounding the medical use of cannabis.
Dr. Ally Show:
Dr. Ally has been a guest on the 3-Eagles radio show “Problems and Solutions” for over 20 years and over 500 shows. This live, call-in radio show is hosted by Cathy Blythe, a 2-time Marconi winner, and is broadcast on 9 mid-west radio stations. Information may be found at KFOR Lincoln website.
- Klepser D, Klepser M, Smith J, Dering-Anderson A, Nelson M, Pohren L; Utilization of Influenza and Streptococcal Pharyngitis Point-of-Care Testing in the Community Pharmacy Practice Setting. Res in Social and Adm Pharm; 2 May 2017; doi: 10.1016/j.sapharm.2017.04.012
- Dering-Anderson, AM: El avance de los servicios de la farmacia comunitaria; el farmaceutico n.; 15 abril 2017; 40-45
- Klepser, DG; Klepser, ME; Dering-Anderson, AM; Morse, JA; Smith, JK; Klepser, SA; Community pharmacist-physician collaborative streptococcal pharyngitis management program; J Am Pharm Assoc 2016; 56(3): 323-329
- Klepser, ME; Klepser, DG; Dering-Anderson, AM; Morse, JA; Smith, JK; Klepser, SA; Effectiveness of a Pharmacist-Physician Collaborative Program to Manage Influenza-like Illness; J Am Pharm Assoc 2016; 56: 14-21
- Dering-Anderson, AM; Doyle, M; How to Safely Prescribe Upper Respiratory Symptom Relief for Hypertensive Patients; Contemporary Clinic; December 2015; 26-27
- Dering-Anderson, AM; Doyle, M; Challenges in the development of pharmacist-based point-of-care tests; Drug Target Review; Volume 2, Issue 4, 2015; 46-48
- Klepser, DG; Corn, CE; Schmidt, M; Dering-Anderson, AM; Klepser, ME; Health Care Resource Utilization and Costs for Influenza-like Illness Among Midwestern Health Plan Members; Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy; 21(7), 568-573
- Akinwale, TP; Adams, AJ; Dering-Anderson, AM; Klepser, ME; Pharmacy-based point-of-care testing for infectious diseases: Considerations for the pharmacy curriculum; Currents in Pharmacy Teaching & Learning; Jan-Feb, 2015, volume 7, Issue 1, Pages 131-136
- Gubbins, PO; Klepser, ME; Dering-Anderson, AM; Bauer, KA; Darin, KM; Klepser, S; Matthias, KR; Scarsi, K; Point-of-Care testing for infectious diseases: opportunities, barriers, and considerations in community pharmacy; J Am Pharm Assoc 2014; 54:163-171
- Dering-Anderson, AMD; Gubbins, PO; Klepser, DG; Klepser, ME; When the Words Really Do Matter; Letter to the Editor; AJPE: Vol 78, Iss.2, Article 42; January 2014