Department of Pharmacy Practice
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
986145 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6145
Phone: (402) 559-3982
Cell: (402) 214-5498
Fax: (402) 559-5673
Dr. Dobesh is the Cardiology Section Coordinator in the Pharmacotherapy I course. He also co-coordinates the Pharmaceutical Care II course and teaches the physical assessment portion of the course. Dr. Dobesh serves as the primary preceptor for the Cardiology Clerkship, as well as for an elective clerkship in the nation of Belize.
Dr. Dobesh is responsible for teaching pharmacy and medical students as well as pharmacy and medical residents and lectures in the area of ischemic heart disease, antithrombotic therapy, and other cardiology and critical care topics. Dr. Dobesh has conducted research on antiplatelet and antithrombotic therapy, focusing on real-world utilization and health-economics. He has also published book chapters and several manuscripts in this area.
- Dobesh PP, Urban JF, Shurmur SW, Oestreich JH. Impact of a high-fat meal on assessment of clopidogrel-induced palette inhibition in health subjects. Thrombosis Journal 2015;13:3.
- Dobesh PP, Fanikos J. New oral anticoagulants for the treatment of venous thromboembolism: understanding the differences and similarities. Drugs 2014;74:2015-2032.
- Dobesh PP, Oestreich JH. Ticagrelor: pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamics, clinical efficacy, and safety. Pharmacotherapy 2014;34:1077-1090.
- Trujillo T, Dobesh PP. Clinical use of rivaroxaban: pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics rationale for dosing regimens in different indications. Drugs 2014;74:1587-1603.
- Dobesh PP, Olsen KM. Statins role in the prevention and treatment of sepsis. Pharmacol Res 2014;88:31-40.
- Oestreich JH, Best LG, Dobesh PP. Prevalence of CYP2C19 variant alleles and pharmacodynamic variability of aspirin and clopidogrel in Native Americans. Am Heart J 2014;167:413-418.
- Oestreich JH, Dobesh PP. Cangrelor for treatment during percutaneous coronary intervention. Future Cardiology 2014;10:201-213.
- Dobesh PP. Economic implications of inadequate treatment of venous thromboembolism and potential solutions. J Pharm Pract 2014;27:178-186.
- McGuire TR, Kalil AC, Dobesh PP, Klepser DG, Olsen KM. Anti-inflammatory effects of rosuvastatin in healthy subjects: a prospective longitudinal study. Current Pharmaceutical Design 2014;20:1156-1160.
- Dobesh PP, Terry KJ. Measuring or monitoring of novel anticoagulants: which laboratory test to request? Curr Emerg Hosp Med Rep 2013;1:208-216.