Associate Professor and Vice Chair
Department of Pharmacy Practice
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
986145 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-6145
Dr. Klepser is the primary instructor and course coordinator for Pharmacy Practice Management (PHPR 662), which is required during the first semester of the third professional year. Dr. Klepser has also developed a Pharmacy Practice Research Elective (PHPR 663) for third year pharmacy students and an accompanying research experience in the fourth year that provides an introduction to the research process.
Dr. Klepser’s areas of interest include healthcare policy, pharmacoeconomics, and outcomes research. His current research is in the areas of point-of-care testing and diseases management service in community pharmacies, the expanded role for pharmacists in the changing healthcare environment, rural pharmacy access, cost containment, and managed care benefit design. Dr. Klepser has presented his research in these areas at national and international meetings and has numerous peer reviewed publications.
- Klepser DG, Dering-Anderson A, Morse J, Klepser ME, Klepser S, Corn C. “Time and Motion Study of Influenza Diagnostic Testing in a Community Pharmacy.” INNOVATION in Pharmacy. 2014:5(2):1-8.
- Klepser DG, Corn CE, Schmidt M, Dering-Anderson AM, Klepser ME, “Healthcare Resource Utilization and Costs for Influenza Like Illness among Midwestern Health Plan Members.” Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy. 2015;21(7):568-73.
- Klepser ME, Adams AJ, Klepser DG. “Antimicrobial Stewardship in Outpatient Settings: Leveraging Innovative Physician-Pharmacist Collaborations to Reduce Antibiotic Resistance.” Health Security. 2015;13(3):166-73.
- Klepser ME, Klepser DG, Dering-Anderson AM, Morse JA, Smith JK, Klepser SA. “Implementation and evaluation of an innovative pharmacist-physician collaborative influenza disease state management program.” Journal of the American Pharmacist Association. 2016;56:14-21.
- Klepser DG, Klepser ME, Dering-Anderson AM, Morse JA, Smith JK, Klepser SA. “Implementation and evaluation of an innovative pharmacist-physician collaborative group A steptococcus disease state management program.” Journal of the American Pharmacist Association. 2016;56:323-329.
- Klepser ME, Adams AJ, Srnis P, Mazzucco M, Klepser DG. “U.S. Community Pharmacies as CLIA-Waived Facilities: Prevalence, Dispersion, and Impact on Patient Access to Diagnostic Testing.” Research in Social & Administrative Pharmacy. 2016:12;614-621.
- Bacci J, Klepser DG, Tilley H, Smith JK, Klepser ME. Community pharmacy-based point-of-care testing: A case study of pharmacist-physician collaborative working relationships. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. Published Online January 3, 2017.
- Corn CE, Klepser DG, Dering-Anderson AM, Brown TG, Klepser ME, Smith JK, “Observation of a Pharmacist Conducted Group A Streptococcal Pharyngitis Point-of-Care Test: A Time and Motion Study.” Journal of Pharmacy Practice. Published online May 28, 2017.
- Klepser DG, Klepser ME, Smith JK, Dering-Anderson AM, Nelson M, Pohren LE. “Utilization of Influenza and Streptococcal Pharyngitis Point-of-Care Testing in the Community Pharmacy Practice Setting.” Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. Published online April 29, 2017.
- Klepser DG, Klepser ME. “Point-of-Care testing in the pharmacy: how is the field advancing.” Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics. Published online October 19, 2017.