Pharmacy Coordinator – Blood and Marrow Transplant
Clinical Associate Professor – College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
981090 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-1090
Teaching Activities: Dr. Liewer lectures in the Oncology Section of Pharmacotherapy III and is a preceptor for the APPE Bone Marrow Transplant Clerkship. Dr. Liewer also precepts PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residents at Nebraska Medicine and is currently the PGY2 Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Residency Director.
Research Interests: Dr. Liewer’s research interests include supportive care issues for oncology patients as well as infectious complications in hematologic malignancies and in stem cell transplant patients.
- Lawson AP, Liewer SE, Chemotherapy Regimens: In Gullatte, MM (editor) Clinical Guide to Antineoplastic Therapy A Chemotherapy Handbook, third edition. Accepted, pending publication.
- Liewer SE, Hecht KA, Malignant Lymphomas: In Pharmacotherapy Principles & Practice, third edition Accepted, pending publication
- Lowry, J Jones, B, Sandritter, T, Liewer, S, Kearns, G (2011) Principles of Drug Therapy: In Kliegman RM, Stanton B, St. Geme J, Schor N, and Behrman RE, eds. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics 19thed
- Robertson JE, Winterboer TM, Persson EL, Trevarrow BJ, Liewer SE. Safety of Enoxaparin in Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation Patients Receiving Enoxaparin While Thrombocytopenic. Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association 8th Annual Conference Trainee Research in Progress Poster Session. Orlando, Florida. March 2012.
- Robertson JE, Persson EL, Howder JL, Liewer SE. Medication Use Evaluation of Rasburicase at an Academic Medical Institution. University Health-System Consortium Pharmacy Council Resident Poster Session. New Orleans, Louisiana. December 2011.
- Held K, Smith S, Shreve N, Dalal J, Liewer S. Survey results of immunization practices following hematopoietic stem cell transplant among centers in the United States (Abstract 343) Poster presented at ASBMT Clinical Meeting, Honolulu Hawaii, February 2011
- Held, K, Klockau, C, Manalang, M, Liewer, S. Description of Oncology Patient Characteristics and Cost Analysis Associated with the Administration of Rasburicase in a Pediatric Academic Teaching Hospital. Poster presented at the Hematology Oncology Pharmacists Association, March 2010
- Liewer, SE (2007) Chemotherapy Regimens: In Gullatte, MM (editor) Clinical Guide to Antineoplastic Therapy A Chemotherapy Handbook, second edition (pages 363-425). Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society