Pharmacy Coordinator - Adult Intensive Care
Department of Pharmaceutical and Nutrition Care
Clinical Associate Professor - Pharmacy Practice
University of Nebraska Medical Center - College of Pharmacy
981090 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-1090
Teaching activities: Dr. Peitz is a preceptor for the critical care clerkship.
Research activities/interests: Dr. Peitz's interest is in critical care research with an emphasis on anticoagulation and sedation practices.
- Peitz GJ and Olsen KM. (2012) Acute Kidney Injury, Renal Replacement Therapies, and Medication Dose Adjustment. In T Johnson (Ed), Critical Care Pharmacotherapeutics (215-243). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning, LLC
- Balas MC, Vasilevskis EE, Burke WJ, Boehm L, Pun BT, Olsen KM, Peitz GJ, Ely EW. Critical Care Nurses' Role in Implementing the "ABCDE Bundle" Into Practice. Crit Care Nurse 2012;32:35-47
- Brink H, Peitz G, Klepser D, Olsen K. Comparison of Dexmedetomidine as Adjunct Therapy to Benzodiazepines vs. Standard Benzodiazepine Therapy in Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome. Crit Care Med 2012;40(12):1-328
- Buckley M, Olsen K, Frazee E, Juang P, Roberts R, Dzierba A, Bauer S, Peitz G. An Evaluation of Vancomycin in Critically Ill Obese Patients Requiring Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy. Crit Care Med 2012;40(12):1-328
- Dvoracek K, Nissen S, Peitz G, Olsen K. Comparison of Continuous Infusion versus Bolus Sodium Phosphate in Patients Receiving Sustained Low-Efficiency Dialysis. Crit Care Med 2012;40(12):1-328
- Hellwig TR, Peitz GJ, Gulseth MP. High-dose argatroban for treatment of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia with thrombosis: A case report and review of laboratory considerations. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2012;69:490-5.
- Hegge KA, Horning KK, Peitz GJ, Hegge K. Sapropterin: A New Therapeutic Agent for Phenylketonuria. Ann Pharmacother 2009;43.
- Peitz GJ, Malesker MA, Sojka SG. Aliskiren-Induced QT Interval Prolongation. South Med J. 2009;102:411-412.
- Peitz GJ, Hoie EB, Hoy S, Anderson-Berry A. Repeated Bowel Perforations with Ibuprofen Lysine: A Case Report. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 2008;13:166-169.
- Seefeldt T, Dwivedi C, Peitz G, Herman J, Carlson L, Zhang Z, Guan X. 2-Acetylamino-3-[2-acetylamino-2-carboxyethylsulfanylcarbonylamino)- Phenylcarbamoylsulfanlyl] propionic Acid and Its Derivatives as a Novel Class of Glutathione Reductase Inhibitors. J Med Chem 2005;48:5224-5231.