PharmD / MBA dual degree program
The Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) / Master of Business Administration (MBA) dual degree program provides students with the knowledge, tools, and skills to enhance their pharmacy and business practices. The dual program curriculum consists of MBA core courses/electives, PharmD courses and PharmD clinical education. This program is designed to train students who wish to strengthen their business skills to serve them in any pharmacy setting.
- Total number of credit hours is 178.51. The dual degree is twenty-four1 credits more than the current PharmD (154.5)
- The program of study for the PharmD/MPA dual degree program is 4-4 ½ years
- The PharmD/MBA program demonstrates integrity in meeting the educational standards of both accrediting bodies, the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which is the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
- The educational experience for students and curriculum content is equivalent to that which they would receive if pursuing each degree separately.
- The curriculum developed aims to prevent unnecessary duplication of content while also maintaining the integrity of each degree program.
MBA Core Curriculum
- People: Cultivating Skills for Leadership
- Business Ethics: Achieving Social Responsibility
- Economics: Essential Concepts for Manager
- Business and IT: Connecting People and Information
- Accounting: Decisions and Consequences
- Organizational Behavior: Enhancing Human & Organizational Capabilities
- Marketing: Understanding Consumers and Markets
- Finance: Understanding Capital and Cash
- Business Analytics: Making Sense out of Data
- Strategy: Developing Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Strategic Financial Management
- MBA Project-Focused Capstone
Pre-Approved Transfer Electives (Transfer 9 credit hours maximum from UNMC)
- PHPR 550 Legal and Ethical Principles I (2)
- PHPR 552 Pharmaceutical Care I (2)
- PHPR 556 Pharmaceutical Care II (2)
- PHPR 560 Pharmacy and Health Care (3)
- PHPR 660 Legal and Ethical Principles II (2)
- PHPR 662 Pharmacy Practice Management (3)
Students must be accepted into the PharmD program prior to applying for the dual degree MBA program.
MBA application process - PCAT scores will take place of the GMAT or GRE.
1 The total credit hour requirement (158.5) for the Dual Degree program and the 24 credit hour requirement for the MBA program reflect the potential for a student to transfer of a maximum of nine hours of pre-approved course work from the UNMC PharmD curriculum to fulfill the elective requirements for the UNO MBA degree.