This vaccination course is designed to meet the critical, immediate COVID vaccination need as well as train pharmacy technicians in the skills necessary to administer other vaccines according to Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) standard immunization schedule and PREP ACT guidance. The course prepares pharmacy technicians to assist with current and future vaccination services at the pharmacy. Learners are situated to gain their Medication Aide credential to ensure their ability to vaccinate after the PREP Act expires.
1. Complete online education & training
The online learning aspect of this vaccination course consists of a series of recorded lectures, training videos and handouts.
Watch the demonstration videos & practice with step by step checklists to help gain confidence. Share helpful tips with other course participants by posting on the Discussion Board and at the same time read what others have posted.
3. Complete skill demonstration
There are 3 options to satisfy this requirement. Choose which options works best for you.
- Option 1: Meet with a qualified individual to do your checkoff.
- Option 2: Zoom - Schedule a time with University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Pharmacy to receive a virtual check-off.
- Option 3: In-person at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Pharmacy in Omaha, Nebraska. This option is for you if you are not able to find a mock patient and needed supplies to perform the skills. This option may also be for you if you prefer in-person instruction.
Note: Blood Borne Pathogen continuing education (not part of this training) and CPR certificate (not part of this training)
Refund Policy: Participants are able to cancel registration & receive a refund less a 15% processing fee when cancelling at least 3-business days before the start of online learning. Cancellations after the start date will not be refunded. A written request for cancellation must be made in attention to Judy Neville at email@example.com