Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
College of Pharmacy
University of Nebraska Medical Center
985965 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5965
2014 - Ph.D in Biochemistry from Protein Chemistry and Technology department, Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore India
Master of Science in Biotechnology from University of Mysore, Mysore, Karnataka, INDIA.
Bachelor of Science in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry from University of Lucknow, Lucknow (UP), INDIA.
Deciphering the insight into the molecular mechanism and miRNA based delivery to treat pancreatic cancer.
- Vinod Kumar, Saravanan Murugeson, Neha Vithani, Balaji Prakash and Lalitha R Gowda. A salt bridge stabilized C-terminal hook is critical for the dimerization of a Bowman-Birk inhibitor. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 566 (2015).pp 15-25.
- Vinod Kumar and Lalitha R. Gowda. Production of horsegram (Dolichos biflorus) Bowman-Birk Inhibitor by an intein mediated protein purification system. Protein Expression and Purification. 89 (2013) pp 16-24.
- Vinod Kumar and Lalitha R. Gowda. The contribution of two disulfide bonds in the trypsin binding domain of horsegram (Dolichos biflorus) Bowman-Birk inhibitor to thermal stability and functionality. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 537 (2013).pp 49-61.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of a Senior Research Fellowship: June 2009-June 2012- To carry out Ph. D research work by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, Government of INDIA, INDIA.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) Examination, 2006 in Life Science.
- Qualified the joint national level exam of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and University Grant Commission (UGC)-National Eligibility Test for Lectureship/Assistant Professorship (December 2005).
- Qualified All India combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination for M.Sc, conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) New Delhi, INDIA in 2004.