Ph.D., 2005, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Specialty: Cellular biology, Molecular Biology and Stem cell Biology
Major Interest: Molecular regulation for the pathogenesis of Heart failure; Cardiac Regeneration; Stem cell-based therapy of Cardiovascular disease.
My previous research has focused on the interactions between immune system and central nervous system during neurodegenerative disorders, and the developing of stem cell-based therapy for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and Parkinson’s disease (PD). Currently, my research in the laboratory is focused on the molecular regulation for the pathogenesis of heart failure, and I am also interested in the applications of trans-differentiation of somatic cells in cardiovascular diseases and cardiac regeneration.
- Li Y, Peer J, Zhao R, Xu Y, Wu B, Wang Y, Tian C, Huang Y, Zheng J. Serial deletion reveals structural basis and stability for the core enzyme activity of human glutaminase 1 isoforms: relevance to excitotoxic neurodegeneration. Transl Neurodegener. 2017 Apr 20; 6:10. PMID:28439409
- Tian C, Zucker IH. Therapeutic microRNA-based strategies in cardiovascular disease discriminate sex and age difference. J Physiol. 2016 Oct 15; 594(20):5731-5732. PMID: 27739075
- Becker BK, Tian C, Zucker IH, Wang H. Influence of brain-derived neurotrophic factor-TrkB signaling in the NTS on baroreflex sensitivity in rats with chronic heart failure. J Physiol. 2016 May 6. PMID: 27151332
- Becker BK, Wang HJ, Tian C, Zucker IH. BDNF contributes to angiotensin II-mediated reductions in peak voltage-gated K+ current in cultured CATH.a cells. Physiol Rep. 2015 Nov; 3(11). pii: e12598. PMID: 26537343
- Tian C, Li Y, Huang Y, Wang Y, Chen D, Liu J, Deng X, Sun L, Anderson K, Qi X, Li Y, Mosley RL, Chen X, Huang J, Zheng JC. Selective Generation of Dopaminergic Precursors from Mouse Fibroblasts by Direct Lineage Conversion. Sci Rep. 2015 Jul 30; 5:12622. PMID: 26224135