House Officer Benefits
- Twenty working days paid vacation.
- Professional leave with pay for approved meetings.
- Sick leave – six months accrual after two years employment.
- Comprehensive group health coverage.
- Low-rate automatic eligibility disability coverage available.
- Lab coats provided at university expense at the beginning of residency.
- Laundering of lab coats provided.
- $300/house officer appropriation to department for house officer education.
- Travel money for residents investigating practice locations in Nebraska.
- Reimbursement for travel to and from required training sites more than 25 miles from the Medical Center.
- Preferential eligibility for parking.
- Evening and breakfast meal allowance while on call at the Nebraska Medical Center.
- $8.00 meal card per day provided by the Nebraska Medical Center.
- Liability coverage for moonlighting with advance approval from Program Director and Office of Graduate Medical Education.
- Tuition credit of 15 credit hours/year for employee and immediate family to UNO, UNL, UNK and UNMC
- Free workout options, Clarkson Wellness Center, Lied Exercise Room and Bellevue Medical Center (excludes Student Life Center)
- Full-time House Officer Assistance Program manager
- Central house officer lounge with complimentary food on weekends- Room 3441-University Tower
House Officer Salaries for 2021-2022 *subject to change in upcoming years*
HO I $59,570
HO II $61,776
HO III $64,293
HO IV $66,585