PGY-1: This is a Categorical Program.
Residents will complete their first year of fundamental clinical skills training at the University of Nebraska Medical Center where the curriculum provides a comprehensive and diverse experience in relevant specialties.
These clinical rotations will include:
- 5 months of Internal Medicine to provide a strong foundation for beginning PM&R training.
- 1 month of Acute Stroke
- 1 month of Trauma/Burn
- 1 month of Pediatrics,
- 1 month of Emergency Medicine,
- 1 month of Long Term Acute Care
- 1 month of General Neurology
- 1 month of Neuro-Critical Care
*The PM&R residency program director will maintain oversight of the PGY-1 training.
PGY-2 is made up of inpatient experiences in Cerebral Vascular Accident/ Stroke, Rehabilitation, Spinal Cord Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Pediatric Rehabilitation.
PGY-3 & 4 include both inpatient and outpatient rotations including (length varies by year):
- Pain Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Consult service
- Spasticity/Movement Disorders
- PM&R Clinics
- Community Medicine/ Geriatrics
- Complex Medical Rehabilitation
- Selectives (1 per year).
*PGY-2 through 4 years receive Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation didactics including an hands on ultrasound program