The UNMC Excellence in Research Award honors postdoctoral scholars who have made outstanding contributions in research. This award is designed to celebrate postdocs' outstanding achievements in research that has/will impact the field of study.
Two finalist will provide an oral presentation on their research. The presentation is not to exceed 12 minutes in length. This award will be presented at the Annual UNMC Postdoctoral Seminar.
2020 Annual UNMC Postdoctoral Seminar
November 13, 2020 in DRC I, Room 1004 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
A first place winner will be awarded a cash prize of $1,000 and a runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of $600. All applications chosen for presentation will be notified by e-mail.
UNMC postdoc scholars during their first three years of training, beginning with the time of appointment.
- One page narrative on your best first-author publication, describing the background, the gap of knowledge it strives to fill, and how it advances the field. The narrative must not be a rehash of the introduction and discussion of the paper but should be written to communicate science to lay readers. Applications that do not adhere to formatting specifications of 1-inch margins, 12-point font size, and single-spacing will not be reviewed.
- CV using current NIH Bio Sketch format (revised 2015)
- Letter of Recommendation (see below)
- First-author publications.
- Fellowships and grants.
- Any additional/exceptional activities outside of those offered by the Office of Postdoctoral Education that helps your career goal.
A letter of recommendation, preferably from the current mentor, critiquing the candidates career objective, preparation, and scientific contributions/accomplishments. Not to exceed 2 pages.