Interview and Ranking Process
- For Match 2023 (July 1, 2023 start), interviews will be conducted on Thursday mornings from October 6th through December 15th.
- Invited applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the pre-interview activity with our residents on Wednesday evenings. One adult guest can attend this event with the applicant.
- Each applicant will meet at least four interviewers. Interviewers will include a resident, program director, and associate program director whenever possible.
- Honoring our inclusion and interprofessional educational emphasis, a non-psychiatrist (staff or faculty affiliated with the Department of Psychiatry) will interview each candidate.
- Interviewers will use the academic record and interview to assess Communication and Interpersonal Skills, Self-Awareness/Cognitive Flexibility, and Leadership.
- Following interviews, the Selection Committee will review candidates’ application materials and comments of faculty, house officers, and staff who have interacted with the candidates to assess their potential and fit with the program. Only candidates who have a complete application (see below) will be ranked.
- Those with any violation of honor code or related concerns about professionalism are unlikely to be interviewed or ranked.
Required materials to be ranked:
- ERAS On-line Application
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (dean’s letter)
- At least three Letters of Recommendation authored within two years of the start date of the residency program, including one from an actively practicing psychiatrist
- Medical School Transcript
- Passing scores on USMLE Step 1 & 2CK or COMLEX Level 1 & 2-CE
- For international medical graduates, a copy of the ECFMG certificate