Interview and Ranking Process
- For Match 2021 (July 2021 start), interviews will be conducted on Mondays and Thursdays from November through December 2020.
- Invited applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the pre-interview activity with our residents and program representatives. One adult guest can attend this event with the applicant.
- Each applicant will have at least four interviewers. Interviewers will include both the program director and associate program director whenever possible.
- Honoring our inclusion and interprofessional educational emphasis, a non-psychiatrist (staff or faculty affiliated with the Department of Psychiatry) will interview each candidate.
- Interviewers will use the academic record and interview to assess Communication and Interpersonal Skills, Self-Awareness/Cognitive Flexibility, and Leadership.
- Following interviews, the Selection Committee will review candidates’ application materials and comments of faculty, house officers, and staff who may have interacted with the candidates to assess their potential and fit with the program. Only candidates who have a complete application (see below) will be ranked.
- Those with any recent violation of honor code or related concerns about professionalism are unlikely to be ranked.
Required materials to be ranked:
- ERAS On-line Application
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (dean’s letter)
- At least three Letters of Recommendation authored within two years of the start date of the residency program, including one from an actively practicing psychiatrist
- Medical School Transcript
- Passing scores on USMLE Step 1 & 2CK or COMLEX Level 1 & 2-CE
- For international medical graduates, a copy of the ECFMG certificate