Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs
Assistant Professor - Dept of Epidemiology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
Office of the Dean
- 2022 – present Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, UNMC College of Public Health
- 2022 – present Assistant Professor Department of Epidemiology, UNMC College of Public Health
- 2020- 2022 Director of Professional Programs, UNMC College of Public Health
- 2021 – 2022 Interim Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, UNMC College of Public Health
- 2017-2020 Data Program Manager, Bureau of HIV, STD, and Hepatitis, Iowa Department of Public Health
- 2012-2017 HIV Prevention Program Evaluation Coordinator, Iowa Department of Public Health
- 2014-2016 Adjunct Faculty, Master of Public Health Program Concordia University
- 2014-2017, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Research, Des Moines University
- 2011-2012, Coordinator of Student Services, Polly Fox Academy, Toledo, OH
- 2008-2011, Data Collection Specialist and Graduate Assistant, University of Toledo
- 2007-2008, Pediatric Injury Prevention Specialist, Safe Kids Greater Toledo
- PhD, Health Education, 2012, University of Toledo
- MPH, Health Promotion and Education, 2007, University of Toledo
- B.S., Biology, 2003, College of Saint Mary
- Intersection of infectious disease and substance use; harm reduction; teenage pregnancy and parenting; health equity; program evaluation
- Jacob, E., Kahl, A.R., Jatta, A., Kolm Valdivia, N., Brubaker, J., Charlton, M.E., & Lynch, C.F. (2019). Cancer in the HIV/AIDS Population in Iowa, 1991-2015. Journal of Registry Management 46(1), 4–14.
- Dake, J.A., Price, J.H., Kolm Valdivia, N., and Wielinski, Margaret (2010). Association of adolescent choking game activity with selected risk behaviors. Academic Pediatrics, 10(6), 410-416.
- Allen-Gipson, D.S., Spurzem, K., Kolm, N., Spurzem, J.R., and Wyatt, T.A. (2007). Adenosine promotion of cellular migration in bronchial epithelial cells is mediated by the action of cyclic adenosine monophosphate-dependent protein kinase a. Journal of Investigative Medicine, 55, 378-85.
- 2009 – present, Certified Health Education Specialist, National Commission for Health Education Credentialing