All materials must be received by the application deadline to be considered for admission
Link to Application
All applicants to the dual degree programs must apply and be accepted into each program separately. Applicants are evaluated by each degree program in separate admissions processes. The College of Public Health application requirements include the following:
MPH Program Requirements for Admission:
- Completion of the SOPHAS Express Public Health application and submission of the application fee.
- Official transcripts with a 3.2 or higher grade point average for a minimum of 45 undergraduate hours completed at the University of Nebraska Lincoln. Transcripts must demonstrate sophomore standing and at least 45 hours of completed course work in their undergraduate degree program may apply for admission to the Collaborative BSES and MPH in EOH.
- FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Official transcripts or mark sheets of college level work not in English or in the standard U.S. grading scale must be sent to a credential evaluation service for translation. The transcript evaluation must be a course by course evaluation that identifies and describes each diploma or certificate with periods of education and equivalency of each document. The preferred services are: World Education Services (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE). Other services approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) will also be accepted. Transcripts must carry the signature of a responsible official in which the work was done and the seal of that institution, or must be certified true copies of the original records. If photo static copies are provided, the copies must be certified after duplication as true copies of the original document. Transcripts should clearly indicate the grades received or the standing attained on required examinations. If transcripts do not show the degree earned and the date on which it was conferred, official degree statements must also be provided.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references (letters must be on professional/institutional letterhead and signed).
- A resume or CV
- The personal statement should reflect interest in the Environmental and Occupational Health Concentration, including relevant work-related or educational training background information.
- EOH Concentration Prerequisites:
- Successful completion of at least two semesters of biology, two semesters of chemistry, one semester of physics, and a math course that meets college math requirements. Students may apply for admission prior to completion of a physics course. All other prerequisites must be met prior to applying.
Apply online through SOPHAS Express
- Create an account and then go into "My Application"
- Select "University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Public Health" from the drop-down school list and then choose the appropriate Certificate, Non-Degree, or Dual Degree program option for the semester you are applying to.
- Under "My Application" complete all sections listed and upload your personal statement and resume/cv.
- Under "Supporting Information" - "Evaluations"
- Enter the names and email addresses of two recommenders if applying to the Certificate or Non-degree program
- Enter the names and email addresses of three recommenders if applying to a dual degree MPH program.
Note: SOPHAS Express will email the evaluation form directly to your recommender, who will then complete the form and submit it back o SOPHAS Express.
Pay the application fee online directly to SOPHAS Express and submit the application.
Submit all official college transcripts to:
UNMC, College of Public Health
Office of Educational Services
984359 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4359
Submit official GRE & TOEFL test scores to UNMC institution code 6896.
For questions about the admissions or application process, please contact our office at Email or 402-552-9867