Bachelor of Science in Biology/Master of Public Health
All materials must be received by the application deadline to be considered for admission
Link to Application
All applicants to the dual degree programs must apply and be accepted into each program separately. Applicants are evaluated by each degree program in separate admissions processes. The College of Public Health application requirements include the following:
Program Requirements for Admission:
- Completion of the SOPHAS Express Public Health application and submission of the application fee.
- Official transcripts with a 3.2 or higher grade point average for a minimum of 45 undergraduate hours completed at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO). Transcripts must demonstrate completion of BIOL 2140 and BIOL 3340 and sophomore or junior standing at UNO.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references (minimum of one letter must be an academic reference).
- A resume or CV.
- One page personal statement describing the applicant’s:
- Interest in career in public health, environmental health and/or occupational health.
- Academic readiness to pursue graduate level education.
- Apply online through SOPHAS Express
- Create an account and then go into "My Application"
- Select "University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Public Health" from the drop-down school list and then choose the appropriate Certificate, Non-Degree, or Dual Degree program option for the semester you are applying to.
- Under "My Application" complete all sections listed and upload your personal statement and resume/cv.
- Under "Supporting Information" - "Evaluations"
- Enter the names and email addresses of three recommenders if applying to a dual degree MPH program.
Note: SOPHAS Express will email the evaluation form directly to your recommender, who will then complete the form and submit it back o SOPHAS Express.
- Pay the application fee online directly to SOPHAS Express and submit the application.
- Submit all official college transcripts to:
UNMC, College of Public Health
Office of Educational Services
984359 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4359
For questions about the admissions or application process, please contact our office at Email or 402-552-9867