Students are eligible to apply for a combined U2MPH program if:
- They have completed at least 75-81 undergraduate credit hours and have a plan to have completed at least 99 undergraduate credits prior to the fall MPH program start.
- They have a 3.3 cumulative GPA in all previous undergraduate work; and
- They have prerequisite training that will enable them to pursue the MPH concentration program selected.
Students must apply to the MPH graduate program, following the normal graduate admission process, and indicate on the application their desire to enter the combined U2MPH program. If a student is admitted to MPH program, then they become eligible to enroll in its combined U2MPH program.
Plan of Study
Students will be assigned an advisor from UNK and from UNMC COPH. In consultation with their advisors, students will be required to prepare a plan of study. The plan will cover the entire undergraduate and professional program and will be reviewed each semester with the student’s advisors. A maximum of 21 MPH credits (of the required 42 graduate credits for the MPH degree) will be counted toward the UNK undergraduate degree.
Timeline of admission to the U2MPH program
Students will be eligible to apply for admission to the U2MPH program once they have completed at least 81 undergraduate credits. Students will take courses in the MPH program in their senior year. Graduate level courses (21 credit hours) taken at the College of Public Health will count for undergraduate credit at UNK.
- Complete SOPHAS Express (Schools of Public Health Application Service)
- Students are required to have a 3.3 GPA at time of application and 3.00 GPA or higher at time of entry into graduate standing.
- Three letters of recommendation (minimum of 1 academic reference)
- Personal statement
- Prerequisite Courses
- Students will have to meet any published MPH concentration-based prerequisites.
Students will pay UNK tuition rates for courses taken at UNK. Students will pay UNMC COPH tuition rates for all professional courses taken at UNMC, including those taken prior to graduating with their undergraduate degree. Students may need to take courses online, which has a different tuition rate from on-campus classes. Students enrolled in the U2MPH program are eligible to receive scholarships from UNK to apply towards undergraduate tuition at UNK and UNMC scholarship or assistantship to apply towards graduate tuition at UNMC.
For more information see UNK’s website