Join us for the PHEAST Information Session at 6 pm CST on February 12th
Click Here to RSVP
Once you RSVP a link will be emailed to you. Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Health Early Admissions Student Track
The Public Health Early Admissions Student Track (PHEAST) is a pathway program for the health professions created to find, train, and graduate enthusiastic public health professionals devoted to enhancing population health outcomes in Nebraska. The University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) College of Public Health (COPH), the University of Nebraska Kearney (UNK), and the Nebraska state college system (Chadron State College, Peru State College, and Wayne State College) have joined forces to create the PHEAST program. The initiative demonstrates a commitment and attention to Nebraskan education.
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate student at University of Nebraska Kearney, Chadron State College, Peru State College, or Wayne State College.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Must be a Nebraska resident and have completed roughly 60 credits—but no more than 80 credits—of their undergraduate program of study at the time of admission into the PHEAST program.
- Complete the PHEAST Application Click for PHEAST Application
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- A One Page Personal Statement that Addresses:
- Your interest in Public Health
- Your commitment to rural health & services
- Your ability to be a successful student in a professional academic program.
- A Projected Plan of Study – See form Application Supplemental - Matriculation Timeline
Partner Campus Contacts
Before applying, interested students should contact their respective institution coordinator listed below for more details about eligibility and due dates.
Learn More About Public Health – Resources