Doctorate of Philosophy in Epidemiology
All materials must be received by the application deadline to be considered for admission
|Fall||January 31||January 31|
Applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application. All application materials need to be submitted through SOPHAS.
Applicants must hold a Master of Science, Master of Arts, or Master of Public Health in epidemiology or equivalent degree.
Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities demonstrating a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above in previous coursework.
SOPHAS | P.O. Box 9111 | Watertown, MA 02471
617-612-2090 | Email | Website
- This applies to current or former UNMC students.
- Photocopies of transcripts will not be accepted.
- WES reports should be sent directly from WES to SOPHAS.
- Please ensure that you enter your SOPHAS ID number on your WES evaluation request to ensure your evaluation can be matched to your application.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
- Two letters must be from faculty members from the applicant’s previous program who can attest to the applicant’s ability to pursue successfully a Ph.D. program in Epidemiology. When previous graduate training was completed more than 3 years ago, letters from other academic or professional references may be submitted.
Statement of Intent
A statement of intent which supports interest areas and career goals.
Resume or CV
A resume or curriculum vitae.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - GRE Institutional Code 0695
- GRE scores should be sent by ETS directly to SOPHAS using the UNMC COPH SOPHAS GRE Code: 0695
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within the last five years are required of all applicants. Many factors are considered in evaluating an individual's application, but many successful applicants will have verbal, quantitative, and analytic writing GRE scores at or above the 40th percentile.
*Temporary Waive of GRE Requirement: Due to challenges with testing center availability, the GRE requirement for the PhD in Epidemiology program Fall 2021 application has been waived.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS scores are required of all applicants whose primary language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from a college or university outside of the United States.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550-paper; 213-computer; 80-Internet.
- TOEFL scores must have been earned within two years
priorthe desired term of entry.
- Educational Testing Services (ETS) send official scores to the SOPHAS TOEFL code: 5688.
- Official IELTS scores should be sent directly to the UNMC College of Public Health. The minimum score requirement is 7.
UNMC College of Public Health Admissions
984355 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4359
UNMC College of Public Health
984359 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE. 68198-4359