2022 Symposia Series and Risk Communication and Volunteer Management Workshop
“Resilient and Reconvening” Preparedness Symposia - Registration fee $50
“Resilient and Reconvening” is the focus of the 2022 Preparedness Symposia. Sessions will provide practical ideas and lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and other emergencies, as well as insight into the future, all with the goal of improving whole community preparedness.
- COVID-19 Surge
- Mental Health Resiliency
- The AltEn Mead Situation
- Urban Search and Rescue, and more!
Risk Communication and Volunteer Management Workshop - Registration fee $50
The Risk Communication session will explore new concepts in Emergency Risk Communications within the context of the challenges experienced during the Covid-19 pandemic. Strategies will be explored to build trust, improve message development and delivery, manage social media, combat misinformation, minimize confusion, and ensure transparency and equity.
The Volunteer Management session will discuss the utilization of volunteers prior to and during disaster response operations. Concepts will include recruitment of volunteers, legal issues and planning for both affiliated and spontaneous volunteers. This workshop will cover concepts of credentialing, training, activation, engagement and retention following a participant centered format.
- May 16 – Risk Communication and Volunteer Management Workshop
- May 17 – Preparedness Symposia
- May 19 – Preparedness Symposia
- May 20 – Risk Communication and Volunteer Management Workshop
- June 6 – Risk Communication and Volunteer Management Workshop
- June 7 – Preparedness Symposia
- June 28 – Risk Communication and Volunteer Management Workshop
- June 29 – Preparedness Symposia