Advance global public health knowledge and practices by facilitating transnational partnerships among public health scientists, professionals, and advocates.
To be an internationally recognized center of expertise and training for public health students, scholars, and faculty in global health and development.
The Goals of the Center for Global Health and Development are to:
- Create bidirectional exchanges to build expertise in research and training within both the College of Public Health and our partner institutions;
- Establish UNMC's reputation as a world leader in public health education, research, and practice;
- Create sustainable opportunities for UNMC scholars and students to experience and engage in global health collaborations;
- Expand our portfolio to include more opportunities for robust global health research programs and opportunities; and
- Improve the health status of Nebraskans through new programs and research projects addressing global health concerns.