For faculty, the Center for Global Health and Development provides support through:
- Establishing formal relationships with international entities and organizations to facilitate faculty engagement and exchange.
- Hosting global health networking events to bring faculty interested in global health together and formulate working groups able to respond to global health initiatives. Expertise in global health at UNMC spans campus-wide.
- Providing guidance for faculty on developing research and training program proposals with global health partners, special considerations for international research, and how to create a viable implementation plan for research-based overseas.
- Sponsoring university-wide presentations on global health topics for faculty and students.
There are many grant opportunities from NIH, USAID, and other funders, as well as news around the developing world related to global health and development.
AHRQ Funding Opportunities
- Grant announcements from AHRQ for supporting research to improve the quality, effectiveness, accessibility, and cost-effectiveness of healthcare
Community Pediatrics Funded Projects
- Find information on projects funded through the CATCH Program and the Healthy Tomorrows Program, from 2011 to the present.
American Medical Association Foundation Community Health Programs Grants
- Community Health Programs provide charitable grants to financially support innovative partnerships of physician-led community-based agencies, including free clinics, focused on the prevention and management of chronic diseases, particularly Type 2 diabetes and hypertension among vulnerable populations.
Funding and Fellowships Sponsored by ASTMH
- Research awards and fellowships to promote world health by the prevention and control of tropical diseases.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation collaborates with partners to promote long-term solutions that help people live healthy, productive lives.
Full list of current CDC FOAs
- CDC’s Grant Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs)
EPA grant programs and other funding opportunities
- Information on the Environmental Protection Agency’s funding opportunities and grant application procedures.
Fahs-Beck Fund for Research and Experimentation
- Doctoral and faculty grants to fund studies to develop, refine, evaluate, or disseminate innovative interventions designed to prevent or ameliorate major social, psychological, behavioral or public health problems affecting children, adults, couples, families, or communities, or studies that have the potential for adding significantly to knowledge about such problems.
Fogarty International Center Funding Opportunities
- Funding opportunities to support the field of global health research.
Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) Grants
- FNS discretionary grant opportunities.
Health Effects Institute Funding Opportunities
- HEI provides funding for air pollution and health research
HRSA Funding Opportunities
MCHB Grant Challenges
- Provides a searchable database of all Health Resources and Services Administration grant opportunities by key program area e.g., health professions training and services for people living with HIV/AIDS.
Public Health Workforce Development
- The Maternal Health and Child Bureau invites innovative ideas for low-cost, scalable, innovative solutions to the prevention of child obesity, care coordination for children with special health care needs, remote pregnancy monitoring, and preventing opioid misuse in pregnant women and new moms.
- Provides funding to support schools of public health and other programs that provide graduate or specialized training in public health to expand and enhance training opportunities that focus on technical, scientific, managerial, and leadership competencies and capabilities of the public health workforce.
Open Call for Rapid-Response Health Impacts Research
- Human Impact Partners has funding from the Health Impact Project (a collaboration of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and The Pew Charitable Trusts) to partner with grassroots community organizing groups on rapid-response health impact research in support of an active issue campaign.
Indian Health Services (IHS) Divisions of Grants Management
- Grant opportunities within the IHS.
The Kresge Foundation USA Current Funding Opportunities
Emerging Leaders in Public Health
- A private, national foundation that works to expand opportunities in America’s cities through grantmaking and social investing in arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services, and community development
- An ongoing leadership development initiative was launched in 2014 as a way to equip local public health officers with the knowledge and skills to lead in today’s changing healthcare environment.
Full list of current NIH FOAs
- The NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts is NIH’s official publication of notices of grant policies, guidelines and funding opportunity announcements (FOAs).
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Funding Opportunities
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation funds a wide array of research and initiatives to help address some of America’s most pressing health challenges.
Rural Health Information Hub Funding Opportunities
- Summaries of funding programs are provided by RHIhub for your convenience. Please contact the funder directly for the most complete and current information.
- Grants that focus on building resilience and facilitating recovery for people with or at risk for mental or substance use disorders.
K. Kellogg Foundation Healthy Kids
- The Foundation supports efforts to improve the health of mothers and families; to increase breastfeeding rates; to provide innovative, community-based oral health care and to transform food systems so children and families have healthier foods in child care settings, in schools and in their communities.
- Global charitable foundation dedicated to improving health by supporting bright minds in science, the humanities and social sciences, and public engagement. Funding is focused on addressing some of the most pressing and fundamental problems that confront human and animal health.