Community Research Data Coordinator
Center for Reducing Health Disparities
University of Nebraska Medical Center
College of Public Health
- 2021 – Present: Community Research Data Coordinator, Center for Reducing Health Disparities, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- 2018 - 2021: Graduate Research Assistant, Center for Reducing Health Disparities, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- 2017-2018: HRSA Maternal & Child Health Bureau Leadership Education in Neurodevelomental and Related Disabilities (LEND) Trainee, Munroe-Meyer Institute (MMI), Omaha, Nebraska
- 2017: Planned Parenthood of the Heartland Policy and Advocacy Intern, Planned Parenthood of the Heartland, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 2020: MPH in Maternal and Child Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- 2015: Graduate Certificate in the Foundations of Public Health, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI
- 2011: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Cultural humility and health policy
- Healthcare Access
- Maternal and reproductive health
- Racial and ethnic health disparities
- Refugee health
- Michaud, Tzeyu; Ern, Jessica; Scroggins, Dylan; Su, Dejun. (2020). “Assessing the impact of telemonitoring-facilitated lifestyle modifications on diabetes outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.” Telemedicine and e-Health.
- Su, D., Toure D., Ern, J., Vinton, V., Ouattara, B., and Crum, A. (2019) “Strengthening the Community Health Worker Workforce to Improve Maternal and Child Health in Nebraska: A State-Wide Assessment of Needs, Barriers, and Assets.” Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health.
- Ern, Jessica; Harsh, Jennifer; Bahena, Mariela. (2019). “Multidisciplinary Community-Engaged Global Health: Results from a Student-Led Experience and Research Project in Rural Nicaragua.” Poster at Collaborative Family Healthcare Association Conference. Denver, CO. Fall 2019.
- Ern, Jessica. (2018). “Legal Needs Assessment of Refugees in Lincoln, NE.” Presentation at the annual US Department of Health and Human Services Making Lifelong Connections Conference, Tampa, FL.
- Su, Dejun; Toure, Drissa; Do, Kandy; Latt Nlam, Naw; and Ern, Jessica, "Refugee Health Needs Assessment in Omaha, Nebraska" (2017). Reports: Center for Reducing Health Disparities. 2.
- Global Health Council
- American Public Health Association
- Student Alliance for Global Health